Cooking time: 55 minutes
Serves: 3 – 4 person
- 1 and 1/2 cup daal
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 and 1/2 tsp salt(As per taste)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 3 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp sliced onion
Tip: For best results, use measuring utensils.
- In a pot, wash daal and add 4 and 1/2 cup water.
- Put on high heat, add salt, red chili powder, turmeric powder, ginger paste, garlic paste, black pepper and once it starts boiling, reduce the heat to low and let it cook till the daal is cooked (about 45 minutes).
- Once daal is cooked, mix it with a wooden spoon, add cilantro and turn off the heat.
- In a frying pan, add oil and fry onions till golden. Add cumin seeds and fry for a few seconds. Mix this into the daal and cover. Enjoy with boiled rice!